4.24.2009

fail.

I'm not very good at keeping a blog. Of course it's not like I had internet access in the remote villages of Nicaragua, but it has been a month. my bad. I compiled a list on day 1 of all the things I thought I needed to lay aside:
  • pride
  • pet peeves and annoyances
  • need for structure and control
  • food preferences
  • thoughts about school and life in general
  • feelings about team members

The funny thing is that as soon as I let go, those things didn't get in the way at all. That's not to say that I didn't have some moments, but overall I would say I managed to avoid distraction for most of the trip. I love how when I intentionally focus on God, nothing else matters the way it did before. I also learned something else down in America Central - I love the Spanish language! I already knew that, but I'd never been immersed before. As of right now I think I might like to teach English as a second language. Maybe spend some time out of country learning Spanish? Maybe. With a year and a half of school left it seems a little early to make plans. I don't usually find out what to do until absolutely necessary, so I fully expect a last-minute change. But it's nice to have an idea to hold onto for now.

Next adventure: "Teach Yourself Romanian" cassette tapes!

No comments: