1.29.2010

owww

I've been working out for a little over a month now, and I don't feel in much better shape. Maybe it has something to do with Oreos and cake and Cherry Coke, but I need to realize that I have less than two months to get my body ready. Apparently our team leader has told the missionary to give us all the assignments that nobody else will take -- in other words, the hard ones. I go to the school gym three times a week and either walk on the treadmill (with incline on level 15) or split the time between elliptical and bicycle. I hope that this will be good preparation, but it's hard to know until we get there and also I think impossible to prepare completely for hiking all day. This is especially hard for me because I don't enjoy being in the gym staring at a wall for thirty minutes. I try to remind myself as I work that this all is a part of giving my best for my Savior so that others may know Him. Please pray that the other team members and I will take our calling seriously and do what we need to do in order to be ready. Also pray that God will provide money for everyone to be able to pay for the trip -- about $1,300.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, dearest Becca, you inspire me. I just got back in from running in hopeful preparation for whatever mission field/rest of life that He has in store for me. I'm glad to know that someone else is thinking along those lines (not at all surprising that we should have a similiar brainwave).
Whoot for Nicaraugua being graced by your presence again! :)