12.21.2009

Extreme Team?

It's time to gear up for another Nicaragua adventure! I can hardly believe it's been a year. Think about it -- I've had two semesters of college and spent two months in Europe since last spring break. Wow, time flies. Today I signed up for a student-on-break discounted gym membership. I spent 25 minutes on the treadmill (incline level 5) and 5 minutes on the elliptical. This year is going to be tougher, and I have from reliable sources (our team leader) that we will be in the mountains. With two guys and eight girls, three of those females being adults and four being freshmen, it should be pretty interesting. I have a feeling we will be working a lot harder than last year and covering a lot more ground, and I can't wait. One of the guys said he thinks we'll be the "extreme team," especially compared to our team last year. yeah! I'm also excited because, unlike last year, this will not be my first venture outside the "land of the free and the home of the brave." So for now my goal is just to get in shape, since the most exercise I've been getting is riding my bike to class and to the Chinese restaurant...

No comments: