7.27.2009

*deep breath*

My summer is finally coming to an end, with only a few days left in Lugoj before we make our way toward the mother country! Thank you for praying for us while we were in Moldova. The situation there is not extremely dangerous, but not ideal. I always thought of Romania and Moldova as being pretty much the same place, but I was wrong. I've been trying to think of a way to describe how they are different, but with no luck. Anyway, our time there was very good. Plenty of camp food, and believe it or not we had peaches at every meal! 180 people were expected, but 230 showed up. I helped teach a class of 10 teenagers with a translator teaching the grammar and yours truly leading the vocabulary and pronunciation exercises. Half of the translators had to leave halfway through the camp to go to another camp, so some things had to be adjusted. My partner Tania told them I was a great teacher and could handle our class on my own for the last few days, so this was a challenging but rewarding experience. Overall the camp went really well. It was very encouraging for me to see that I really do enjoy teaching English. It's always nice to have some confirmation that I don't spend half my life in the library for nothing... After two days of exploring in Chisinau we are back in Romania now. Pray for us this week as travel. We have flights Wednesday and Thursday, and Friday we will finally drive the rest of the way home. I can't wait to see all of you and hear about all that God has been doing this summer!

La revedere, Romania!

No comments: