7.24.2008

whoa!

wow... these past few weeks have been CRAZY!!!
  • two summer missionaries went home early and then another had to leave, which leaves us with 4 instead of 7...
  • last week we had 5 youth groups in town and we were split between Helen/Cleveland and the GA Mtn. Fair...
  • Sunday afternoon a few of us went hiking at Duke's Creek, where I tripped over a rock and sprained my ankle/cut my knee. yay for first ever trip to the ER! of course I had a great time talking to all the people who worked there. am I really that friendly, or was I trying to forget how much it hurt? idk.

It's funny how God uses things to teach us. All summer I have been serving people and being intentionally open to every opportunity He has presented, and now I am forced to sit back and watch everyone else do the work and take care of me. It's very hard. But I guess it's just as important to learn to be served as it is to serve others. After all, in order for people to serve there has to be a need...

No comments: