5.16.2008

one more weekend

Three days! I leave in three days! It sounds like I'm going somewhere far away and strange... actually, I'm staying in GA - the Georgia mountains, to be exact. I've never been away from home for two straight months, so this will be a new adventure for me. If I can just make it up there without getting lost, that will be a pretty good start. Ok, enough talking about nothing. I'll post any interesting stories from the summer as I have time. In the meantime, just pray that my team and I will be available and bold witnesses this summer. Also pray that we will get along, not that I don't think we will, but you know what I mean. I guess maybe "work together in unity" sounds better. Whatever.

I was reading My Utmost for His Highest one day (April 18), and the topic was "Readiness," from Exodus 3:4-5. God called to Moses, Moses listened. God told Moses to take off his shoes, Moses did it. God told Moses to serve Him, Moses did it (only after some discussion, but he did). It seemed funny to me that God gave Moses instructions when he was barefoot and listening. So until next time, I'm walking with bare feet, listening for instructions and ready for wherever God takes me!

No comments: